Worldaware Business Awards 1998
Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal presented the 10th anniversary award trophies to the winners at the Royal Institution of Great Britain on 14th January, 1999.
The 1998 entries for each of the seven awards were first considered by a panel of assessors with specialist knowledge and experience, who took references from independent referees and produced a short-list. The short-lists were then submitted to the distinguished group of judges listed here, who made the final decisions on the winners.
The Rio Tinto Award for Long-term Commitment
The Cable and Wireless Award for Effective Communication
The GIBB Award for Sustainable Development
The Shell Technology for Development Award
The Lawrie Group Award For Social Progress
The Crown Agents Foundation Award for Small Businesses
The Worldaware Award for Financial Innovation
- Baroness Chalker of Wallasey - former Minister for Overseas Development
- Dr. Mohan Kaul - Commonwealth Secretariat
- Sir Peter Marshall - chairman of the Joint Commonwealth Societies Council
- Mr. George Moody-Stuart - chairman, Transparency International UK
- Sir John Morgan - former British ambassador to Korea, Mexico and Poland
- Mr David Suratgar - LeBoeuf Lamb Greene and McRae