Constructive Dialogue on Globalisation Issues
4th march 2004: Croydon College
"I would like there to be another conference"
This event was specifically prepared to allow students at Croydon College to explore a range of international development issues and to deepen their understanding of how the various economic sectors combine to contribute to improving the long-term prosperity of developing countries.
The conference provided a very special opportunity for the students to engage with people working in companies and agencies that operate in developing countries. It demonstrated the complex interdependence between and within countries and the sectors. It ranged from the individual to global perspectives and from the 'majority world' to the 'minority world'.
- 0930 - 1000: Arrival and registration
- 1000 - 1010: Introduction by Principal of Croydon College
- 1010 - 1030: Keynote by Tim Cullen, Tim Cullen Associates
- 1035 - 1135: Workshop 1
- 1135 - 1150: Refreshment break
- 1155 - 1255: Workshop 2
- 1300 - 1335: Lunch
- 1340 - 1440: Workshop 3
- 1445 - 1530: Plenary and closing remarks